Look at my beautiful book log. Are you impressed? You shouldn’t be. This is 1 week of books and then I just forgot to write them down. I didn’t even finish writing down Paper and Fire. I do this all of the time. I think I have a dozen journals, a list on my phone and a Goodreads account and all of them include, at a maximum, 20% of the books I read.
Why? Why am I so BAD at this? I have a friend who – and I am not exaggerating – has written down every book he has ever read in his entire life.
For me, it is not laziness or disorganization. Rather, my top 5 reasons I cannot seem to keep a book log:
5) I get too excited about the next book in the stack and forget about the log
4) I read a bummer of a book and I don’t want to write it down.
3) I read a trashy romance and I don’t want to admit it even though I really enjoyed it.
2) I can’t find my log / special pen for logging books (hmmm….maybe it is disorganization)
1) I would rather read another book right.this.minute.
So, if you keep a book log / journal or are in any way successful at listing your reads tell me, please, how on Earth do you do it?!?