Look at my beautiful book log. Are you impressed? You shouldn’t be. This is 1 week of books and then I just forgot to write them down. I didn’t even finish writing down Paper and Fire. I do this all of the time. I think I have a dozen journals, a list on my phone and a Goodreads account and all of them include, at a maximum, 20% of the books I read.
Why? Why am I so BAD at this? I have a friend who – and I am not exaggerating – has written down every book he has ever read in his entire life.
For me, it is not laziness or disorganization. Rather, my top 5 reasons I cannot seem to keep a book log:
5) I get too excited about the next book in the stack and forget about the log
4) I read a bummer of a book and I don’t want to write it down.
3) I read a trashy romance and I don’t want to admit it even though I really enjoyed it.
2) I can’t find my log / special pen for logging books (hmmm….maybe it is disorganization)
1) I would rather read another book right.this.minute.
So, if you keep a book log / journal or are in any way successful at listing your reads tell me, please, how on Earth do you do it?!?
Using Google docs to track all of the books for my 8 month old! And we are using a 1-3 ranking system to keep track of the ones we loved, were OK with, and would never read again. We also track in the same sheet which ones we own and which ones are borrowed. That way when we are going through and donating things we know which books can hit the road (or tiny library) first.
Wow! That is some truly impressive logging. Thanks for sharing!