The Nonfiction November post a month in the making! This is the final week of Nonfiction November and, as sad as I am that it is over, I am so happy with my new collection of Nonfiction books to read. Can you tell how hungry I was for new Nonfiction Finds?
Before I get into my beautiful finds I want to take the time to thank all the hosts for Nonfiction November. Thank you to Katie @ Doing Dewey, Rennie @ What’s Nonfiction, Christopher @ Plucked from the Stacks, Rebekah @ She Seeks Nonfiction, and Jaymi @ The OC Bookgirl who is hosting this week!
WEEK ONE: EVERYONE’S YEAR IN NONFICTION BECOMES MY HOLIDAY SHOPPING LIST
- Selfie: How We Became So Self-Obsessed and What It’s Doing to Us, Off The Edge: Flat Earthers, Conspiracy Culture and Why People Will Believe Anything from Rennie @ What’s Nonfiction (actually, just Rennie’s whole list of counter culture and conspiracy theory books)
- The Transgender Issue from Liz Dexter @ LibroFullTime
- The Idiot Brain from Stargazer
- How Rights Went Wrong and Allow Me To Retort from Unsolicited Feedback
- Ghost in the Wires: My Adventures as the Worlds Most Wanted Hacker and DeCluttering at the Speed of Life from The OC Book Girl
- Around the World in 80 Books, Another Year of Wonder, Absurd Words, How to Live: What the Rule of St. Benedict Teaches Us About Happiness, Meaning, and Community from Deb @ Readerbuzz (honestly, I want everything Deb read in 2022).
- Cultish: The Language of Fanaticism and The Book of Boundaries from Carla @ Happiest When Reading
- How to Keep House While Drowning: A Gentle Approach to Cleaning and Organizing from Melissa @ Melissa Firman
- All the abortion books from Rebekah @ She Seeks NonFiction
- Sheilas: Badass Women of Australian History from Shellyrae @ Book’d Out
- Dark Money from Maphead
- Ace from Sahi @ My World of Books
- Suspicious Minds: Why We Believe Conspiracy Theories from Christopher @ Plucked from the Stacks
- Secrets of Women’s Healthy Ageing from Bona @ This Reading Life
- The Great Northern Canada Bucket List and The Dark Fantastic from Jenna @ Falling Letters
- Everything listed on Bit About Books Year in Reading but especially Happier Hour
- How to Give Up Plastic from Deb @ The Book Stop
WEEK TWO: BOOK PAIRINGS (so, some of these are fiction)
- Nonsense! and It Began With a Page from Christopher’s Pairing list from Plucked From the Stacks
- A Rover’s Story and Woman 99 from Reading Ladies Book Club
- Do As I Say: How Cults Control, Why We Join Them, and What They Teach Us About Bullying, Abuse and Coercion from Shelly Rae @ Book’d Out
- You’re Doing it Wrong from Books Are My Favorite and Best
- Rebekah’s whole post pairing Documentaries with Books. I want to watch and read all of them. Check it out @ She Seeks NonFiction
- RISE: A Pop History of Asian American from the Nineties to Now, The Making of Asian Americans from Sahi @ My World of Books
- Jenna’s whole collection of Arctic books @ Falling Letters
WEEK THREE: STRANGER THAN FICTION
- The Divorce Colony and American Sirens from Based on a True Story
- MWF seeking BFF from Lisa @ Lisa Notes
- The Whole Christian Nationalism post from Rebekah @ She Seeks NonFiction. Her whole site – seriously, I am struggling to not fangirl.
- The Red Market and Will Storr vs The Supernatural: One Man’s Search for the Truth About Ghosts from Rennie @ What’s Nonfiction?
- Jell-o Girls from Melissa Firman
- Fly Girl from Katie @ Dewing Dewey
- The Story of the World in 100 Moments from Stephanie @ Book Fever
- The Fairy Tellers from Anjana @ Superfluous Reading
WEEK FOUR: WORLDVIEW CHANGERS
- Half the Sky and See No Stranger from Based on a True Story
- The Sleep Solution and Self-Compassion: The Proven Power of Being Kind to Yourself from Lisa @ Lisa Notes
- Get Rich or Lie Trying from Liz Dexter
- Invisible Women from Rennie @ What’s NonFiction
- Move the Body, Heal the Mind from Shannon @ Pillow Fort Readers
- Native Wisdom for White Minds from Shoe’s Seeds and Stories
- Joyful from Beverly A. Baird
- Why We’re Polarized from Melissas @ Melissa Firman
- Planet Palm from Anjana @ Superfluous Reading
Tell me, please! What Nonfiction books did you find this month?