2018 might have been the year I discovered the power of audiobooks but 2019 is definitely the year that I made audiobooks work for me. And, I owe it all to Hot Listens and Caffeinated Reviewer’s audiobook challenge!
In this challenge, you are encouraged to listen to audiobooks and they make being successful so easy. Here are the rules:
- Runs January 1, 2019 – December 31, 2019. You can join at anytime.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2019 than you did in 2018.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.
And, success comes in all different levels. Here is how they define each level:
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multi-tasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30+
- Marathoner (Look Ma No Hands) 50+
In 2018 I was surprised to find that I listened to 13 which put me at the Stenographer level. This year I just wanted to match that level but I managed to listen to a whopping 21 books! This makes me a Binge Listener! It is also the reason that I dramatically increased my rowing distance since I listen while I row. Bonus points!
My 2019 Audiobooks
You Are a Badass, How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and State Living an Awesome Life by Jen Sincero
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime by Matt Haddon
Odd Thomas, Dean Koontz
The Gunslinger by Stephen King
Mr. Penumbra’s 24 Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan
Ash Princess by Laura Sebastian
The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson
A New Hope- The Princess, The Scoundrel and the Farm Boy by Alexandra Bracken
Truly, Deviously by Maureen Johnson
Magnus Chase II, Rick Riordan
The Arctic Incident (Artemis fowl #2)
The Eternity Code (Artemis Fowl #3)
Hello, Universe by Erin Entrada Kelly
Yes, Please by Amy Poehler
The President is Missing by Bill Clinton and James Patterson
A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman
Fish in a Tree
Illuminae Files by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
Gemina, Illuminae Files #2 by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
Obsidio, Illuminae Files #3 by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
The Black Count by Tom Reiss
Betty While, If You Ask Me by Betty White
As with all my other challenges, I did better in 2019 than in 2018 in logging my books. In 2020 I want to vastly increase the consistency with which I review the audiobooks I enjoyed. If you are even remotely interested in audiobooks, I highly recommend this challenge!
Tell me, please!
Do you listen to audiobooks? If not, what is holding you back?